Saturday, December 27, 2008

What A Week!



During the ice storm, Friday morning a tree fell on the house and around our car. We were not able to get out of the drive and most of the street was blocked. Pat and Mikael spent the afternoon on Friday walking around the neighborhood as many of our neighbors checking out the damage from the ice. I worked in the basement finishing the stained glass windows I was making for Christmas presents. The city crews were great; they had the tree off the house Saturday afternoon so we were able to get out. There was minimal damage to the house. The car only has a very small dent and a few minor scratches. Compared to many we are very lucky. We had electricity and heat.

The tree did smash Pat’s favorite burning bush. I am worried about the damage to the plants in the rain garden. I am hoping that because many of the plants were dormant that they will be okay. The berm is broken down and a lot of the tree is still lying in the garden so I know we will be making some repairs to the garden in the spring. I am hoping there will be minimal damage to the plants and garden when the tree is remove from the front yard.



No comments: